Welcome to the California Teamster Public Affairs Council Website. The California Teamster's Organization represents nearly 250,000 workers in fields rangning from farmwork all the way to legal divisions. If you are a facebook user you can visit our facebook group here
. Or our twitter site; www.twitter.com/calteamsters .
The objectives of The California Teamsters Public Affairs
Council (hereinafter "the Council") shall be to create and advance
unified policies for all Teamster Local Unions and Joint Councils in
the State of California in the fields of public affairs, political
action, and legislative programs. Toward these ends, the Council’s
activities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- To preserve and strengthen laws which protect the rights of working
people to organize, bargain collectively, conduct legal economic action
and promote proper labor-management cooperation.
- To repeal legislation which unfairly restricts labor organizations in
the proper representation of their membership and to oppose all
legislation designed further to restrict the rights of organized labor.
- To support the election of public officials who are sympathetic to
the rights of working people and to oppose the election of those who
- To carry out programs of education, both within the Teamster
membership and the public at large, for the purpose of supporting
social, legislative or economic programs designed to improve the
qualify of life for the citizens of California.
- To cooperate with labor, civic, fraternal, church, or other groups in
activities which are beneficial to the welfare of the general public or
for the purpose of preserving the principles of American Democracy.
- To maintain liaison with the various trade divisions and committees
within the California Teamsters to assure that the Council’s full
efforts may be brought to bear on problems affecting its members.
- To engage in research with respect to issues bearing on objectives
set forth in this article.
- To develop a public information program to acquaint the people of
California with Teamster views on state-wide issues.
- To encourage and assist all working men and women and their families
to register and vote.